Places

Hungarian Royal Ferenc Deák Agricultural School

Address
Kehidakustány, Kúria utca 4.

View on map


Description

The Minister of Agriculture 85301/1927. The name of the institution was registered as the Hungarian Royal Ferenc Deák School of Agriculture. Shortly afterwards, in 1929, the name of the agricultural vocational school was added to the title plate instead of the agricultural school designation. Thirty people per year could study here, and this does not seem like much compared to the size of the farm, it seems that instead of quantity, quality was kept in mind by its operators. On October 7, 1928, a youth host group was formed in the school, operating as a self-education circle. He borrowed his slogan from the institution’s namesake: “Nations are not only great, strong and free. With its economy, the institution was the largest employer in the area. In 1934, for example, a nearly twenty maids and labored craftsmen served here. In the period between the two world wars, according to the guestbook, many famous personalities visited the institution. High-ranking officials, heads and teachers of partner institutions – often from abroad – were curious about the education taking place here, the equipment of the school and the farm. In the 1946–1947 school year, the two-year education system was completed. After the development, the former school of agriculture started operating as an agricultural grammar school in 1949. Another educational reorganization in the 1950s did not leave the Kehida grammar school untouched either. From 1954 until 1962, the institution was again classified as a two-year vocational school. Incidentally, this period was a period of congestion, and the 1955–1956 school year had already begun in one hundred and forty students in Kehida. The 1970s were already in the spirit of redevelopment. In the middle of the decade, it became clear that the institution would move to the county seat, Zalaegerszeg. He graduated from his last students, number 58, in 1977. The main building, as mentioned earlier, was taken over in the fall of 1977 by the local primary school. The farm buildings were used by the state economy for some time, but they did not spend enough money and energy to preserve their condition over the decades, so the formerly famous modern buildings and equipment were quickly destroyed, and some of them have disappeared.


Opening hours

Monday - Sunday 00:00 - 24:00